A Room With A View
In Beavercreek, Ohio, in a pretty country setting, is nestled a home-away haven for cats called Exclusively Feline Boarding Kennel, owned and managed by Philip and Dolores Frederick. The guests are housed in a building adjacent to their home with roomy cages and plenty of floor/recreation/play area. The unique and distinctive features is that all cats are afforded a wide, cat's eye view of the outdoors through big and sunny windows.
Open year round, it is a lovely, peaceful and secure facility, and the furry felines are treated royally. The Frederick's care and concern for their own pets led them to the concept of a boarding kennel just for cats. Most kennels house not only cats, but dogs as well, and in most cases the cats hear dogs barking even if they are not in the same area. At this Kitty Camp, "no dogs are allowed." They also noted that most cat cages were small and without the most desired sunny window view that cats find so warm and pleasurable. All the cages here are very large with views on all sides. The guest list is kept to a number that allows for lots of personal attention and companionship so that kitty doesn't suffer from the anxiety of separation from family.
The Frederick's created Exclusively Feline Kennel just for the comfort and care of even the most discriminating and finicky guest.
- All cages are spacious and all have window views.
- Owners live on the same site as the Kennel so care is available around the clock.
- Condos available for one or more cats that may live in the same family.
- Large playroom with toys and cat trees for climbing, scratching, and jumping.
- Window seats for bird watching and napping in the sunshine.